[mythtv-users] how to set up xorg.conf for overscan

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:27:21 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
> just put in Screen part something like this
> Option "TVOverScan" "0.55"
>
> and restart X. Test the different values (between 0 and 1)
>
> M.

That's only for increasing overscan isn't it?  He's looking for the opposite.

Unless I'm mistaken I think the only way to do this is to come up with
a modeline that actually displays at something slightly less than
1280x720.

Eyal:  I'm a little confused about the comment that they lied about
the TV being native 1280x720.  I thought most TVs tended to have
overscan.  My RP CRT is definitely native 1080i, but it has at least
5% overscan.

Tom