[mythtv-users] CardID renumber

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 20:50:42 UTC 2007

On 26/10/2007, MythTV User <mythuser at mydean.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got two tuners however, they are numbered as Tuner/Encoder 1 and
> Tuner/Encoder 3. I think this happened when I added the 2nd one thru
> mythtv-setup, which came up correctly as Tuner 2, then deleted this tuner
> after some testing. The next time I added it, it came up as Tuner 3.
>

> Is it as simple as running an sql command to change the cardid field at
> table capturecard? I am hesitant on deleting it and adding it back again in
> mythtv-setup as it may came out as Tuner 4 :).
>
> Please send me the exact sql command. Thanks.

As Brad states, this is really a cosmetic issue. The table uses an
autoincrementing field which is only reset in MythTV when you choose
the 'Delete All' option in capture card setup. This options truncates
the table, producing the cardid field reset.

If you manually renumber cardid 3 to cardid 2, remember that in the
future, the next card you add via mythtv-setup will be cardid 4 - you
will then be missing cardid 3.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: