[mythtv-users] Fixed numbers for video devices

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Fri Oct 26 21:10:38 UTC 2007

Hey,

I've been using myth for quite a while now and I use it a lot with my
roommates. Recently I've stumbled on a problem which is partly a mythtv
problem.

I'm using a PVR500 and 350 for recording TV, which gives me 3 video devices:
/dev/video[0-2]

Lately I got a webcam which I want to use for Zoneminder(looking forward
to the ZM-plugin ;)), which works fine using the gspcav-driver.
This one uses:
/dev/video3

All this works under FC6, until I reboot then the webcam gets
/dev/video0 and the PVR's shift a number up.

This would be ok if the cam is always connected, but it isn't so the
nummbers will keep switching around and 1 channel less in mythtv.

Is there a way to force the webcam to be loaded last after the PVR's are
loaded?(because it seems to be loaded before the PVR's)
Or, alternatively, is there a way to force the webcam to load at a fixed
number?
Can this be done by a udev-rule?

Modprobe.conf relevant sections:

### IVTV ###