[mythtv-users] Mythweather-svn setup up problem

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 26 22:29:35 UTC 2007

Kevin Hayes wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:44:04 -0400
> Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Joe Ripley wrote:

>>> No need to submit a report, I've re-opened the ticket on this issue
>>> already.  You can follow the progress here:
>>>
>>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3921

>>> To downgrade your entire mythplugins, do this:
>>> svn co -r 14565 http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins
>>>
>>> To downgrade just MythWeather, do this:
>>> svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins
>>> cd mythplugins
>>> rm -rf mythweather
>>> svn co -r 14565 http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins/mythweather
>>>
>>> Then run the usual 'configure' and 'make'.
>>>

>> I'm fairly new to SVN.  If I wanted to try out the latest mythweather,
>> how would I go about doing that?  I have 0.20.2-163 installed via ATrpms
>> (the latest that was available when SD went online).  Can I just do an
>> svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins as stated above to
>> get the code, then run configure & make?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Harry
>>

> >From my recent experience no, with the latest svn (at least up
> to 14701) mythweather don't work, but with svn 14565 it does.
>
> You would need to uninstall the rpm packages then do:
>
> # svn co -r 14565 http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv
> then configure make and make install, then
>
> # svn co -r 14565 http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythplugins
> then configure make and make install
>
> As the upgrade to svn from 0.20.2 is a one way trip you should
> backup the mysql data base before you start (see mythwiki).
>
> Its's working quite well with mythtv and mythplugins at svn 14565
> here, ymmv

I just read over the following Wiki article:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core.
In it, it doesn't mention anything about backing up the database.  How
would I go about this to ensure that when I remove the rpm packages and
compile everything, I can put the database back to where it currently
resides without losing anything?  Would I have to re-run mythtv-setup or
anything like that?

Thanks (and forgive my ignorance here),
Harry