[mythtv-users] Can mythtv play VOBs?

Pamela Jaye Ashworth pashworth at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 27 00:32:06 UTC 2007

On 26 Oct 2007 at 16:20, Ryan Steffes wrote:

> > > What has SeaTools told you about it?
> >
> > IIRC, Seatools had the same problem, but it's been some time.  I'll
> > recheck.
> >

> If SeaTools fails as well, it's almost certainly a physical problem
> with the drive, and you're likely boned, at least for that volume.
> You may be able to recover the other volumes on it long enough to move
> the data off if you can get pvscan vgscan to return anything without
> locking it up.

in a volume group, is it possible that any one file (recording) is
spread over different drives?

secondly, Jay, we can get the machine to boot if we attach all the
drives, can't we? It could do that when it left the house. I'd like
to be able to at least remove the files which are not in the
recordings directory. There's a lot of AVIs and a batch of data files
I moved there cause you said Linux is more stable than Windows and
install files you moved there, not telling me you only meant to put
them there temporarily.

It seemed to me that most of the oops, I've forgotten I have
hardware, let me lock up and die! was during recordings. or during
recording. which might mean my files are still accessible. Unless
it's just another thing I don't know about linux. IOW - I'm not
talking about ghosting, I'm talking about pulling the files off
individually.

as for the recordings, i'm less likely to cry over the multitude of
QL eps than over the Murphy Browns (I pity the dirt!), the last two
eps of Veronica Mars, and gee, I'd really love those West Wing eps...
 and, of course, Grey's. Having every ep of House on the machine
isn't really necessary.
--
Pam (from Boston, no matter where I live now)
"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it