[mythtv-users] Repost: jump mainmenu takes me to livetv

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 04:30:41 UTC 2007

On 10/26/07, Brian Phillips <brian.phillips at gmx.net> wrote:

> First off, thanks for taking the time.

No problem... happy to help.

> When I just "ESC" back to the main menu from any of the submenus (or even
> livetv) it does what it's supposed to...just sits at the main menu screen.

That's good.

> I have a fresh install of Mythdora4 (I believe it's mythtv 0.20.2, because I
> have access to SD).

To determine the actual version of myth, just run 'mythfrontend
--version'.  This should let you know exactly what you have.

> So it appears that this problem only happens when I use the jump points.
> I've set about three different key binding combinations that I know are not
> conflicting and they all result in the same problem.  And as I've shown, the
> telnet interface gives me the same problem.

Do you have a jump point set up for Live TV?  Can you try clearing it
out and see if the problem still exists?  Also, have you tried setting
up jump points for other areas of MythTV?  Try setting up a few others
and see if they behave as expected.

> As far as themes go, I'm getting these off mythweb (search for "theme"):
> MenuTheme:     Default
> OSDTheme:      Retro-OSD
> Theme:         Retro
> ThemePainter:  opengl
> RandomTheme:   0

I duplicated these on my system, but everything still works as expected.

> This is a pretty recent install, so I'm kinda surprised that I am getting
> this problem...  About the only thing I have changed from the default
> install was setting up XvMC.

I'm surprised too.  I've never heard of this problem until now.  XvMC
has nothing to do with the menus or jump points... it's used
exclusively for MPEG2 playback.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com