[mythtv-users] Mythweather-svn setup up problem

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Oct 27 09:22:00 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 10:37:23PM -0400, Harry Devine wrote:
> Carl Fongheiser wrote:
> > On 10/26/07, *Harry Devine* <lifter89 at comcast.net
> > <mailto:lifter89 at comcast.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     I just read over the following Wiki article:
> >     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core
> >     <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core>.
> >     In it, it doesn't mention anything about backing up the database.
> >     How would I go about this to ensure that when I remove the rpm
> >     packages and compile everything, I can put the database back to
> >     where it currently resides without losing anything?  Would I have
> >     to re-run mythtv-setup or anything like that?
> >

> > Database backup instructions can be found here:
> >
> > http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5
> > <http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5>
> >
> > Carl Fongheiser
> >

> I noticed on atrpms.net that there's a mythtv-trunk.  Would it be easier
> to update to that instead of to SVN checkouts?  What would I have to do
> to get that going?

a) Backup your database
b) activate atrpms-bleeding
c) update your system

If you want to go back:

a) shutdown mythtv
b) restore the database
c) downgrade the packages (for example uninstall them and reinstall
   with atrpms-bleeding turned off)

Note:

 o The trunk packages are for users assisting developers in testing
   the latest code, they are not intended for production use. Always
   backup your database before doing such testing.

 o Still there are many users that use trunk in their everyday
   (private) production environment and I haven't heard of anyone that
   downgraded yet. So obviously the trunk is in a very good condition
   for a very long time now, and even though there is a big warning
   and non-warranty disclaimer one can take the risk and go
   trunk. With packaged trunk it is easier to go back and forth if you
   backup your database.

Did I mention backing up your database? :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net