[mythtv-users] OT: X11vnc not accepting input

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 22:53:26 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I know this is off topic but I can't find an answer from Google (must
be losing my mojo) and thought maybe someone here has run into the
same problem.

I recently installed x11vnc on my maser BE and a remote FE -- both
running Mythdora 4 and Xfce. I'm trying to connect to them from my
desktop, running FC7 and KDE.

In both cases x11vnc -display :0 starts with no problem, and vncviewer
opens up the remote session with no problems.

I'm able to move the mouse on the remote display, and the remote
display shows that it knows where the cursor is -- i.e. hovering over
a button on the panel makes the button light up like it should.

But the remote session doesn't accept any input, either from the mouse
or the keyboard.

I've had x11vnc set up and working fine in an older set up and wasn't
doing anything any differently than I am now.

The only conceivable difference is that the keyboard and mouse on my
desktop are now going through a KVM switch, but I don't see how that
would have any effect.

The output of x11vnc and vncviewer don't indicate that anything is amiss.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance.