[mythtv-users] Nova-T 500 musings...

Ben Ward mythtv at crouchingbadger.com
Sun Oct 28 02:25:36 UTC 2007

On 27/10/2007, James Fidell <james at fidell.co.uk> wrote:

> Anyone else have a Nova-T500 tuner and still getting mt2060 I2C write
> errors?

Considering you hacked the code, this may be way off the mark, but still...

I had problems with this myself with this module and disconnections.  I kept
changing the firmware to no avail.

What I had failed to notice was the "warm boot" vs "cold boot" distinction.
The card will not reload firmware until a cold boot (ie. 20 seconds powered
off).  After I did this the new firmware took and the errors stopped.  Then
all I had to worry about was mpeg program IDs filling my diskspace with
debugs when Film 4+1 disappeared :-)

--
mythtv at crouchingbadger.com | http://crouchingbadger.com
51.717817,-1.225855