[mythtv-users] Eskil's shoutcast patch updated - trunk at r14740

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 06:32:40 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks Eskil for you work in adding Shoutcast capability to MythMusic.

I am posting an updated version of Eskil's shoutcast patch for trunk
here as the current version on Eskil's website (google for "eskil
shoutcast mythtv") is against r14140 and doesn't apply cleanly.

A word of warning, this handles the theme stuff differently to the way
Eskil did it in his original big patch. But, as a consequence, this
updated version should work with *all* themes.

If you have already applied and installed the shoutcast patch before I
would suggest removing "<install_prefix>/share/mythtv/themes" and
reinstalling the themes.

I do not intend on keeping this updated, I have only posted this to
the list as my attempts to contact Eskil directly have been
unsuccessful to date and I hope he catches this thread.

I have tested it on my laptop and all seems well, but, "if it does
break your installation you get to keep both bits" :)

For now it will be available from
http://www.users.on.net/~camel/mythtv/shoutcast-r14740.diff.gz but
will not remain there indefinitely. I tried posting it as an
attachment but it was too large (>40KBytes).

Cheers,

Roo.