[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 7.10 Release

Jose Bernardo Silva jose.bandos at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 10:38:33 UTC 2007

2007/10/25, victor rajewski <askvictor at gmail.com>:
> On 10/23/07, Jose Bernardo Silva <jose.bandos at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been using it since the RC (blew away my feisty + svn myth
> > install and started from scratch), and the only problems I'm having
> > are with wifi network. Some times it won't start "on time", meaning
> > that I won't get my nfs shares mounted and mythfrontend will start
>
> You could disable network manager and hard-wire the network settings
> in /etc/network/interfaces - that might bring it up earlier.
>
> vik

I did that. If I had left it to network manager, the wifi network
would only be up after login.

After a couple of tries with wicd (which didn't change much) I changed
the wifi channel on my ap from one which had 3 neighbouring networks
to another which had only one, and things seem to have improved. Maybe
the problem was too much interference. Too bad there are only 3 usable
channels in 802.11g.