[mythtv-users] vlc problem

Lord Darkhelmet lord_darkhelmet at accesscomm.ca
Sun Oct 28 13:58:24 UTC 2007

I wanted to give vlc a try for playing videos and dvds.  I installed the
version from atrpms but its playback quality is horrible.  When the
video is played at the default size, the picture looks fine but when I
change to fullscreen the picture goes all blocky and looks like a crappy
.jpg.   Yet mplayer and xine play in fullscreen just fine.  I'm running
myth 20.2  with a nvidia 6200 using the nvidia driver package.  Distro
is Fedora 7.  Any ideas where to start looking ?

Question 2.   Would a newer card like a 8600gt have a better picture on
DVD than my 6200 ?  I ran a couple setup DVDs and they show me something
is not handling the black levels properly.   Hence the attempt at vlc
which just opened a different can of worms.

Thanks.