[mythtv-users] Q to community: is SMP stable for You people ?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Sun Oct 28 17:26:25 UTC 2007

Hi *

I'm wonder about experience of all SMP minimyth users: do You have
stable playing of LiveTV/recorded TV under SMP configurations ?
I'm testing minimyth 0.20.2.-31b12 (SMP kernel 2.6.23.1 as I remember)
on ASUS M2NPV-VM with AMD X2 4400 and sometimes playing LiveTV or
recorded TV just freezes.
System is alive as I can remotely enter via WebFS or send HW to S3 sleep
and successfully resume (with blank screen as myth process is still
hanging). It looks like kind of threads races between cores or and
locking deadlock somewhere in mythtv.