[mythtv-users] an interesting HD device

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Sun Oct 28 19:20:03 UTC 2007

(No, it's not a Black Magic "we don't like those Linux folks"
board.)

hefty coprocessor for video, that has a Linux SDK and can
manage realtime 720P MPEG4 encoding. Large quantity price of
about $10, so a little box with USB, power supply and
appropriate analog I/O could be profitable around $100.

That would make a very nice "connect to HD satellite box"
interface.

Anyone heard from the PCHDtv folks recently? I recall mention
of a possible solution from them for late in the year.

-dsr-

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.
Tyranny is something that creeps up on you.

http://tao.merseine.nu:81/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.