[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD3000 stops receiving

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Mon Oct 29 02:39:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 08:32:59AM -0400, H P Ladds wrote:

> I'm guessing that when the card needs to capture a particular
> type of signal, QAM for example, it loads the dvb-fe-or51132-qam
> firmware.

You're saying it does that each time that it needs to record
something ? (As opposed to only at boot-up ?)

The only hole I see in the theory is that it doesn't recover the
next time that it decides to record something, or when I decide
to watch live TV. Not that I've tried too many times, but it
seems as though once it gets into this mode, that it stays
there.

> You capture signal Over The Air -- right? I'm assuming this because
> you use the term "can't get a lock."

Yup, solely.

> My machine is loud and in my bedroom. So I shut it down often. I most
> frequently notice this problem after booting; the system seems to be
> operating correctly, yet fails to capture a signal. Have you noticed a
> problem at boot as well? Or do you reboot too infrequently to notice?

I've never seen a problem at boot-up (although it always take a
couple tries, when watching live TV, to get audio). In fact,
I've thought of solving this by creating a cron job to reboot
every morning.

I recently started leaving it on all the time, which is how I
noticed.

> Any errors in the logs?

I haven't been able to capture anything at the time of failure.

> What Mobo, Video Card?

It's a Gigabyte GA-K8NE (nVidia chipset) for the socket 754 AMD
Sempron 3400 and a Leadtek PCI 6200TC (nVidia).

> Can you post the results of dmesg | grep tuner* ?

This is right after boot-up:

[   43.579684] TV tuner 60 at 0x1fe, Radio tuner -1 at 0x1fe
[   43.829573] tuner 0-0043: chip found @ 0x86 (cx88[0])
[   43.829597] tda9887 0-0043: tda988[5/6/7] found @ 0x43
(tuner)
[   43.831812] tuner 0-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (cx88[0])
[   43.831824] tuner 0-0061: type set to 60 (Thomson DTT 761X
(ATSC/NTSC))
[   43.831827] tuner 0-0061: type set to 60 (Thomson DTT 761X
(ATSC/NTSC))

> Thanks

Not at all, thanks for replying so we can compare notes.