[mythtv-users] Mythweb Search Results Idea

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Oct 29 18:15:31 UTC 2007

On Monday 29 October 2007 11:59, Adrian wrote:
> How about adding a "Not interested" button or checkbox next to each
> item in search results to indicate that you don't want to see that
> item again.  In future searches, give users the option to filter out
> items that have been marked as "Not interested" and/or are in "Old
> Recorded".
>
> The motivation is that I use search to scan for movies that I might
> want to record.  But I get tired of seeing the same titles over and
> over, when I have absolutely no interest in them.
>
> I will probably have a go at hacking this together myself, but I
> thought that I would put it out there in case anyone with actual
> programming skills thinks that it is a good idea.
>
> Thanks,
>   Adrian
>
> ps  Other possible features:  A "Find and Record One" button, make
> "Not Interested" user specific (to account for differing taste within
> households), allow shift and ctrl select for multiple items.

I'd like something similar, at least for the way I do my advance-scheduling.
Lots of programs have multiple showings, and MythWeb dutifully shows them
all, with the alternate times, for each day that there is a showing. How
about an option to only show the first occurrence (with its alternate times)
and skip the others that are repeated for every day thereafter?