[mythtv-users] Problem importing channels from channels.conf

Paolo Asioli paolo.asioli at libero.it
Tue Oct 30 08:09:19 UTC 2007

Hello, Nick.

My problem is that I get this file from w_scan, and I don't know the
actual values for the fields set to Auto.

In Xine this channels.conf works perfectly.

Mythtv finds the channel using this file, but says it's encrypted and
doesn't import it in the channels list.

If I knew the structure of a dvb channel definition in the DB I'd add it
manually, but the problem is I've found some docs referring to a
dvb_channel table which in my mythtv setup doesn't exist... and I
haven't been able so far to recreate a channel manually from scratch...

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
    Paolo

--