[mythtv-users] How to release an encoder

coffee coffee177 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 30 13:09:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 04:40 -0700, Paul Manning wrote:
> I am sharing out my MythTV system over a wifi network to a friend who
> is running MythTV player.  MythTV player unstable now supports live
> tv.  The problem for me is, while he is very happy with the
> performance, it can tend to crash every now and then.  Unfortunately
> any encoder that was in use at the time is then locked and can't be
> re-used unless I restart the backend.  Is there any way of isolating a
> encoder to release if it is locked in this state.

Paul,

I dont have an answer to your question but I was just going to post
about wireless and would love your input.

I want to be able to stream video across the street to my neighbors
house using wireless.

It sounds like you have been successful and would love to get your input
on what equipment you are using. I will not be streaming live tv but
rather what was recorded and also my video downloads.

Wireless antenna?
Router?

Thanks Paul,

Joe (coffee)