[mythtv-users] Key mapping for Up and Down in video player?

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Tue Oct 30 14:22:51 UTC 2007

aaron wrote:

> If you're referring to the way up/down map to jump back/forward while
> watching recordings, it's my understanding that this is hard-coded. I
> had to modify the source code to fix it. Unfortunately, I can never
> remember where that code is, or exactly what I did to change it.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm referring to. If you happen to remember,
I'd really appreciate a patch.

> The argument is that it's consistent with the way one jumps through a
> document (pgup goes to a previous page, pgdn goes to the next page).
> But I still find it backwards in the context of watching a video.

Yeah, I understand why some might prefer the defaults, I'd just like it
to be configurable. I don't think like I'm using a computer when I'm
watching something on my mythbox, so the document paging analogy feels
very strained.

- Marc