[mythtv-users] mythbackend looking for wrong ip address

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Oct 30 21:34:33 UTC 2007

Hello, i have a strange issue. Mythbackend is not starting upon bootup, so
each time the machine boots, i have to run sudo mythbackend (ubuntu 7.10).
After that, it works great.

The ip of my myth backend is 192.168.1.3.
I ran accross this on the ubuntu site:
        You can verify this to be the problem by attempting to restart the
backend:
                sudo /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend restart
        Then checking that the backend successfully started:
                ps -p `cat /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid`

That gave me this message (among a bunch of other stuff)...
            Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.2' (113)
...my mysql.txt file is setup for 192.168.1.3...so where could this
192.168.1.2 setting be stored? When i just run mythbackend as root, all
works great, when i run mythtv-backend start, it fails. why and how is this
happening?
-Thanks
-Steve