[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD3000 stops receiving

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Tue Oct 30 22:18:44 UTC 2007

On 10/30/07, H P Ladds <householdwords at gmail.com> wrote:

> The error message from dmesg (below) implicates IC2. It seems probable
> that the HD3000 loads the needed firmware to eeprom(s). Now that I
> know what the heck IC2 is, I'm beginning to believe that our troubles
> are similar. Perhaps it's our particular mobo Nvidia chipset w/
> HD3000? This problem is pretty severe and strikes at the very core of
> what Myth does; we'd know if several other had this trouble.

At some point relatively recently the pcHDTV 3000 in one of my slave
backends started having this problem (I'd say in the last 2 or 3
kernel updates in FC7). However I only buy Intel chipset boards so I
don't think it's related to your Nvidia chipset.  Since my firmwware
files aren't RPMed and haven't been changed in a long time (file dates
say 2005) I'd going to guess that something broke in the driver
recently. Maybe we're all using firmware that's just too old for the
current driver?