[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD3000 stops receiving

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 31 00:18:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 06:18:44PM -0400, Joshua M. Thompson wrote:

> At some point relatively recently the pcHDTV 3000 in one of my slave
> backends started having this problem (I'd say in the last 2 or 3
> kernel updates in FC7). However I only buy Intel chipset boards so I
> don't think it's related to your Nvidia chipset.  Since my firmwware
> files aren't RPMed and haven't been changed in a long time (file dates
> say 2005) I'd going to guess that something broke in the driver
> recently. Maybe we're all using firmware that's just too old for the
> current driver?

Thanks for your experience. That rules out a few things.

With respect to the download problem, I doubt the firmware
version has anything to do with the driver version. It's just a
pile of bits that needs to be sent to the card. One set of bits
shouldn't get more or less errors than another.

If something did break recently, I'd agree that the driver on
the kernel end changed (presumably in the downloading section.)
If so, and if you have a backend only box, then you could
downgrade easily (that is, without worrying about, for example,
the nVidia driver version like me.)