[mythtv-users] Configuring SVN to not install parts of mythplugins

nasa01 at comcast.net nasa01 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 31 12:31:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am attempting to streamline and fix some of my myth install, and have run across a couple of problems.

1st, I would perfer not to install some additional plugins (like zonemaster).  So when I tried to configure this I did the following;
make uninstall;
make distclean;
./configure --disable-<plugin>;
qmake mythplugin.pro
make
make install
(some of the spelling above maybe off, not in front of my box right now).
Configure output shows the plugins I have listed as disabling as "will not be built".  However, when all the compiling is done and installed -- the plugins are still there.

2nd, Recently mythweather has stopped working.  Specifically, If I switch to the mythweather screen all I get is the background image.  Most times an escape will exit me out of the window -- other's I will be frozen in that window...   I have attempted to monitor messages produced by saving them to a log file, but I didn't notice anything of help.  If posting that log file would be of help, please let me know.

3rd, playing certain mp3 (mixes that last over 1 hour) I will get some *long* pauses and sometimes a complete freeze of my system.  I have played these particular mp3's for several years with multiple players (mplayer, xine, windows media player, etc) without issue.  These pauses/freezes happen while mythmusic is the only activity going on.  BTW: I can determine a total freeze by checking my ssh terminal (which I usually have one logged in) to see if it's still response -- and it's not.

4th, does changing configuration items within mythweb actually get saved?  Up to this point, I haven't seen anything I try and save via mythweb actually get done.  I have tried marking channels as none commercial, deleteing channels, changing keystrokes, etc.  I have successfully applied some of these changes (specifically keystrokes) via settings options within mythtv.

Other notes:  I have run the mythbox (with these issues) for days at a time with it accomplishing multiple recordings from analog, digital, and HD sources.  It also has completed some heavy transcoding and flagging activities.  I have successfully watched HD via livetv (via firewire, no less).  When not watching the beautiful HD picture, I have looked at system performance via Top.  When I have done so, cpu load is around 5% and a total of 1.5M is used by swap.  The aforementioned wiki says that mythtv should only be writing to disk ever 3 to 5 seconds....  I figure that is when no recording is being done :}   Since the problems have arisen, I have been monitoring the list to see if anyone else has had similar issues -- since I didn't see anything about them, I decided to post this.

I'm sure I'm pushing my luck....  So I will stop here.  From reading the http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Manual:Diagnosing_Problems, I am adding the suggested info below:

MythBox:
Hauppague PVR-500
GIGABYTE GV-NX73G256D-RH GeForce 7300GS 512MB(256MB on Board) GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card
WINTEC AMPO 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 3AMD2533-1G1K-R
Harmony 880 Remote
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(65W) Windsor 2.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor
Thermaltake Bach Media Center
Seagate ST3300831A ATA Drive
MSI K9N Platinum Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
WD-52631
OS: Mandriva 2007.1 (stock)
built from svn date 30 Oct 07 (all plugins enabled....)

Raid Server (all movies and music are stored here):
HighPoint Technologies, RocketRaid 1740
DFI Infinity RS482 Motherboard
CPU AMD|A64 3400+ 2.2G 939
756M generic ram