[mythtv-users] DirecTV H20-100 receiver channel changing not working.

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:08:28 UTC 2007

I have been searching for an answer to my channel changing woes with my new
DirecTV H20 receiver. I have read over the wiki page at:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Controlling_DirectTV_D11_via_USB and
I've even helped a buddy to get this working on his setup with a DirecTV D11
receiver. No matter what combo of the parameters I use, I get the timeout
and excessive retries problem. I have tried to verify the setup and cabling
is with the following tests/actions:

 - plugged usb to serial into an open usb port on the mythbox, shows up as
/dev/ttyUSB0 and in dmesg as a PL2303 usb to serial adapter.
 - plugged usb to serial into open usb, serial end of same cable into null
modem cable, null modem cable into my first COM port. I ran cat /dev/ttyUSB0
in one xterm
     and ran echo "some random text" > /dev/ttyS0 in another xterm and the
text appeared as expected in the 1st xterm.
 - I ran the check for update routine after doing a reset on my H20 receiver
to pull down the latest firmware.

I'd love to have any input from other H20 users. Maybe I'm missing
something. My next attempt will be to go write a shell script to run through
every possible combination of parameters to the directv.pl script. I'm using
the 1.7 version, which I believe is the latest, contrary to what's reported
on that wiki page cited above.