[mythtv-users] Configuring SVN to not install parts of mythplugins

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:27:26 UTC 2007

On 10/31/07, nasa01 at comcast.net <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to streamline and fix some of my myth install, and have run across a couple of problems.
>
> 1st, I would perfer not to install some additional plugins (like zonemaster).  So when I tried to configure this I did the following;
> make uninstall;
> make distclean;
> ./configure --disable-<plugin>;
> qmake mythplugin.pro
> make
> make install
> (some of the spelling above maybe off, not in front of my box right now).
> Configure output shows the plugins I have listed as disabling as "will not be built".  However, when all the compiling is done and installed -- the plugins are still there.

I usually use the --disable-all switch, and then enable only the
plugins I want to include.  Use a command similar to this:

./configure --disable-all --enable-opengl --enable-mytharchive
--enable-create-dvd --enable-create-archive --enable-mythcontrols
--enable-mythgallery --enable-exif --enable-mythgame
--enable-mythmusic --enable-fftw --enable-sdl --enable-aac
--enable-mythnews --enable-mythvideo --enable-mythweather
--enable-mythmovies

Also, make sure that you delete your old plugins before installing the
new ones.  If your old plugins are of a recent version, they will
probably still show up in mythfrontend.  Check your
/usr/{local/}lib/mythtv/plugins directory.

> 2nd, Recently mythweather has stopped working.  Specifically, If I switch to the mythweather screen all I get is the background image.  Most times an escape will exit me out of the window -- other's I will be frozen in that window...   I have attempted to monitor messages produced by saving them to a log file, but I didn't notice anything of help.  If posting that log file would be of help, please let me know.

MythWeather works for the most part.  The most recent update to it has
caused some problems... however, some previous SVN revisions will
work.  Check out http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3921 and

Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com