[mythtv-users] IR failed

Enigma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Wed Oct 31 17:07:52 UTC 2007

> Meanwhile, is there any way to debug the
> /usr/local/bin/lirexec -d /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc

I really doubt your issue is with the hardware, especially if the remote
receiver works on another machine.  To run lircd in the foreground run
lircd --nodaemon.  You never mentioned what distro you are running but
in the default LIRC install the 2nd program is called 'irexec' not
'lirexec', so if your other machine is running a different distro the
binary may be irexec on your silverstone (and may be running, your ps
grep wouldn't have seen it).  I really doubt that is your problem either
unless you are using irexec to execute scripts external to Myth.  If
lircd is running Myth should be able to connect to the lirc socket and
receive keypresses without any helper programs.

So your issue is either:
A) The device modules are not loading right
B) Lircd is not connecting to the correct device
C) You do not have a valid lircrc file for Myth.

To debug A), try the following:

#/etc/init.d/lirc stop (might be /etc/init.d/lircd on depending on distro)
#rmmod lirc_i2c
#rmmod lirc_dev
#modprobe lirc_i2c
#/etc/init.d/lirc start
#irw
<start pressing buttons, you should see output>

If you do not see output from irw you have a problem in your base lirc
configuration.  Check dmesg for errors.  Run lsmod | grep lirc to make
sure the modules are loading.