[mythtv-users] Key mapping for Up and Down in video player?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 23:16:47 UTC 2007

On 10/30/07, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure, I'll make a note to myself to look it up tomorrow night when I
> should have a few spare minutes... =)
>
> I'm running SVN, but I would imagine the changes would be the same.
> I'll see what I can find and we can go from there.

Okay, I found it. Easier than I'd thought...

In libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp , there's code in the
TV::ProcessKeypress function, is a section:

else if (StateIsPlaying(internalState))

which further contains two conditions:

            else if (action == "CHANNELUP")
            {
                if (activerbuffer->isDVD())
                    DVDJumpBack();
                else
                    DoSeek(-jumptime * 60, tr("Jump Back"));
            }
            else if (action == "CHANNELDOWN")
            {
                if (activerbuffer->isDVD())
                    DVDJumpForward();
                else
                    DoSeek(jumptime * 60, tr("Jump Ahead"));
            }

I just commented out the "else DoSeek..." parts:

            else if (action == "CHANNELUP")
            {
                if (activerbuffer->isDVD())
                    DVDJumpBack();
                /*
                else
                    DoSeek(-jumptime * 60, tr("Jump Back"));
                */
            }
            else if (action == "CHANNELDOWN")
            {
                if (activerbuffer->isDVD())
                    DVDJumpForward();
                /*
                else
                    DoSeek(jumptime * 60, tr("Jump Ahead"));
                */
            }

I'd imagine that the 20.2 code is similar...

Hope that helps, and good luck! :)

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent