[mythtv-users] DVI vs HDMI

David Johnston dj at deadhat.com
Sat Sep 1 02:23:12 UTC 2007

If you are driving with DVI-D, then there is no difference whatsoever.
It is exactly the same signals that are being carried.

If it is the analog pins of DVI that are being used, then you might
expect some improvement when switching to HDMI, however you can't get a
cable to convert from DVI-A to HDMI, because the signals are a different
format.