[mythtv-users] Fedora 2.6.22.4-xx problems

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Sep 1 17:40:46 UTC 2007

Joel Anderson wrote:
>>> Argh.. I cannot get any of the fedora 2.6.22.4-xx series to work on my
>>> backend system or my frontend.  The 2.6.21 kernel works just fine, but
>>> I cannot find any ivtv* RPMS on atrpms.  This is the last piece I need
>>> in order to upgrade my backend... Argh.
>>>
>>> Anyone know where to find back rpms from ATrpms for the
>>> 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 on x86_64?  WIthout it, I can't get my mythbacked up
>>> and I'll have to roll back to fc6. :(
>>>
>> Hrmm.. I am beginning to suspect the system.  I'll try rebuilding it
>> from scratch in the morning.
>>
>> -Rich
>>

> I scratched my head on this one at first when trying to update my new
> FC7 box - ivtv has finally made it into the kernel as of 2.6.22.  See
> the "new drivers" section here:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_22

Thanks.

Hrmm.. the problem I am having with the 2.6.22.x-xx series of kernels
seems to be with all of the machines here, not just my backend system.
I can't get any of them to boot off of it. :(  I *thought* I had one
machine booting off of it successfully, but I just did a vanilla
installation of FC7, completed a yum -y update, rebooted, and watched
the system panic. :(

I was hoping to locate an older 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 ivtv RPM so I could
get my backend updated to FC7 (and which would, in an indirect way,
correct a display issue I am having with my backend where running
mythtv-setup locks up the machine) and make the necessary
schedulesdirect.org changes.  Ugh.. it's like a bad catch-22.

Anyhow, since this is off-topic of the list, I'll dig elsewhere to see
if I can get any traction on finding an ivtv rpm.. either that, or I'll
put together a build environment to build the ivtv rpm..

-Rich