[mythtv-users] Proper Recording Archive Procedure?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Sep 1 19:52:49 UTC 2007

Seeing that my family has become extremely addicted to MythTV and they
have consumed a fair amount of disk space over the course of the
summer, I have been trying to prep myself for the coming season.

One thing I started looking in to (although, admittedly not too
indepth) has been archiving some of the recording that they wish to
keep available off to another directory viewable from mythvideo (where
I store all of our ISO's).  Certainly, the SVN storage groups would be
the right solution here, but since I don't want to go to SVN solely
for storage groups, the next best step is to archive the stuff off of
the recordings volume and off fo the other volume accessible via
mythvideo.

I know that there must be others out there doing this, so I was
wondering what others have done to solve this particular problem.  I
came across mythrename.pl for cleaning up the names of the shows and
thought that would be an integral piece, but I am open to ideas on how
to do this the "right way". :)

I did search the list and google, but kept coming up with ways to
archive out to DVD....

-Rich