[mythtv-users] Upgrade success report (svn 14372)

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Sun Sep 2 01:57:14 UTC 2007

This is a boring success report, no bugs found.

- I was using an svn version from around February 2007. Storage
  groups and HDHomeRun fixes were in.

- pulled fresh source

- ran ./configure with the same options found in the previous
  tree's config.log

- got a suggestion to add --enable-proc-opt, so I did.

- ran the standard build instructions, then make install

- did the same for mythplugins and myththemes

- paid for a Schedules Direct account, set it up the same as Zap

- had to correct some lib placement (ldconfig)

- ran mythbackend and mythfrontend; the database schema updated.
  Checked for obvious aberrations, found none.

- shut them down, ran mythsetup. Changed the grabber to SD,
  entered login info, worked on first try.

- ran mythfilldatabase, confirmed data coming in

- started backend and frontend again, declared success.

As I said, boring. Thanks for all the hard work!

-dsr-

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.