[mythtv-users] Different themes FE/BE combo and remote FE?

Jim Scott jimdscott at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 00:33:49 UTC 2007

I hope this isn't a dumb question. I have MythTV 20.2 from atrpms running
well on a Fedora 7 FE/BE combo. I decided to install MythTV on another
Fedora 7 box on the network. The new front end seems to be working okay,
except that the GUI and picture do not fit well on screen. I tried adjusting
the appearance settings on the FE, but whenever I change a setting such as
theme or GUI resolution, it affects the FE/BE combo, as well. I took a peek
at the settings table <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Settings_table>,
and it seems that this is the designed behavior. Is that right?

I think my solution is to use the -geometry setting on the FE to find a
window size that holds the picture well.