[mythtv-users] firewire and time warner cable

Inor Kuo inorkuo at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 3 02:48:19 UTC 2007

I've been trying to get a firewire enabled box from time warner here in
Greensboro.  I had a SA8300 which had firewire ports but as far as I could
tell, they did not work correctly.  I went to the time warner office and
picked up a SA4250HDC which I hoped would do better with myth.  When I got
it home, I hooked it up, and I was able to record via firewire using
test-mpeg2 and also in myth.  At this point I was not receiving all of the
channels I am supposed to get on the cable box so I called twc and the csr
had me do the whole reboot process and she sent the box a signal.  After
this I was able to receive all of the channels I am supposed to get but the
firewire recording no longer works.  I keep getting 0 byte recordings with
test-mpeg2 now.  Before the box was activated I was getting the same
channels I get via qam.  I am guessing that after the box was activated by
twc, the firewire outputs became encrypted.  Does anyone else have any
experience with firewire and twc?