[mythtv-users] Desktop Logout when exiting MythFrontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 3 16:18:22 UTC 2007

On 09/03/2007 10:36 AM, David Vasquez wrote:
> I just upgraded from FC5 to FC7 and Myth 20.0 to 20.2.
>
> All is back working as it should except that now, when
> I exit Mythfrontend, it automatically logs me out of
> my KDE desktop.  Before the upgrade, it would exit the
> Mythfrontend and then bring me to the KDE desktop.
>
> I tried changing the 'Halt Command' from halt to
> nothing but that didn't seem to so anything.  I'm not
> sure if it was my Fedora upgrade or Myth upgrade which
> did it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Change the script you're using to start your X session or whatever
(~/.Xsession or ~/.xinitrc or ...) and that's also starting mythfrontend
so that it waits on the window manager, not on mythfrontend.  The
behavior isn't caused by Myth or by any Myth settings.  It's just that X
is being told to run until mythfrontend finishes.

Mike