[mythtv-users] Trouble getting rid of/adding channels

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 03:47:55 UTC 2007

I updated to 0.20.2, and I now have almost all my channels set up in
the new database.  However, I've noticed a couple of strange
behaviors.

1. At the SD site, when I delete channels from my lineup, Save, and
then Edit again, they are back, highlighted again.  The Save doesn't
take.  I have to delete my lineup and then create it again from
scratch in order to get channels removed.

2. If I manually delete the extra channels from the database, they
come back the next time I do a mfdb.  If I hit 'D' in the channel
editor however, they do not.  Where is the information that keeps mfdb
from bringing back the channels in the latter case?

3. I have one channel which for some reason didn't take - it was
configured on the SD website, but it didn't appear in my lineup in
Myth.

I know #1 is probably a question for the SD forums, but I mention it
here just in case it adds any insight to the other items.

-Jerry