[mythtv-users] Cpu not detected!!!!

Sreeram Kumar Sreeramkumar at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 05:12:40 UTC 2007

I have the following system info

Linux 2.6.18-1.2257.fc5smp #1 SMP Fri Dec 15 16:33:51
EST 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

 uname -m: i686
uname -p: i686

 rpm -q mythtv:  mythtv-0.20.1-158.fc5 (installed last
year and not upgraded since then)

I downloaded the latest version to get the SD lineups
(I subscribed for 3 months). The alredy installed one
doesnt show SD option in the lineup on mythtvsetup.
Now, that FC5 is EOL, I cant run yum as it says no
mirror found. now, the only way i could do is download
new src, compile and upgrade. The moment i do
./configure, I am hitting this.

./configure

 *** WARNING ***
 Your CPU was not detected properly:
   uname -m: i686
   uname -p: i686
 model name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300  @
1.86GHz
      flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic
sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx
fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc pni
monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm

 If you are using a recent CVS checkout,
 please e-mail the above to mythtv-users at mythtv.org
 With the subject "configure did not detect my cpu"

You must have the Lame MP3 encoding library installed
to compile Myth.

Now what should I do? I need help to get back to my
normal operating mode please.

Thanks,
Sreeram