[mythtv-users] Script to use Schedules Direct with legacy MythTV installations

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Sep 4 07:08:05 UTC 2007

    > Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:20:35 -0400
    > From: "Brian Harnish" <bharnish1004 at gmail.com>

    > I want to say thanks for this script. I'm running an old (legacy)
    > MythTV install (0.18.1) and I'm trying to use the "If it ain't broke,
    > don't try and fix it" theory with my install.

    > Also, I noticed that it needs another fix up on the crew members:
    > s/(\<crew program=\'..)00/$1/;

How did you catch this, and what are the ramifications of not doing
this?  E.g., I'm trying to figure out whether I've (now) got bad table
entries, but I'm not even sure what table this winds up in; I've poked
through the schema and can't really find anything that looks like crew
information w/digits (but have not yet perused the source).

Do you know what table(s) this winds up in so I can check my current
DB from before making this change?  (I'm assuming you intend this line
to be inserted somewhere around lines 130-133 in the original script.)

    > Also, I wanted to say that it *does* work with XMLTV 0.5.40, I saw
    > someone mention that they thought that version was too old to work,
    > but it does.

That was me; I included the errors it gave me.  Perhaps there's some
newer version of something else you're using, or an older version of
something else I'm using, that was contributing, but upgrading from
the Breezy-standard 0.5.40 to 0.5.48 worked for me without changing
anything else.

    > I saw mention of some new/repeat flag changes, but I thought that was
    > taken care of on the client side by mfdb instead of coming from dd/sd.
    >  Does anyone have more information on this?

I'm still looking for more info on this myself.

(I note recent mail commenting that it might only have been for
episodes of series and that Myth had earlier been modified to think
it was for everything, but I'm not sure if that's the same issue.)

And while I'm posting in this thread, here's something else that
people using this script should be aware of---if you've got more
than one lineup, in addition to the instructions I posted before,
you need to edit the line
   $mythfillcmd = "mythfilldatabase --no-delete --dd-file 1 -1 YOUR-LINEUP-ID $xmlfile2";
to read
   $mythfillcmd = "mythfilldatabase --no-delete --dd-file N -1 YOUR-LINEUP-ID $xmlfile2";
where N is the sourceid of your other lineup(s) after the first.
Do this in each copy of the script for each lineup, of course.

If you don't do this, the grab will appear to work, and mfdb will
appear to run, but nothing will actually be inserted into your listing
for the channels associated with that lineup, because they're on the
wrong sourceid and hence can't be tuned.  Your symptom will probably
be that you appear to have data for that lineup right now, but you
don't 13 days out---because the earlier days are still Zap2It's data,
while the SD data you just downloaded got dropped on the floor.

And Josh---thanks again for the script!