[mythtv-users] playback of h.264 videos

Terry Yee monkey.stacker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 16:31:57 UTC 2007

Not sure if this helps Matt, but i just reinstalled myth (0.20.2) on my
system (Fedora core 7): athlon xp 2500+, 1GB ram, nvidia 6200LE and
succesfully played a 3 to 4GB 1080p movie encoded in h.264, and a 3GB 720p
movie also encoded in h.264.  So maybe you need to upgrade mplayer or your
video card driver.  Previously on my FC4 system with i think mythtv 0.19,
and an older mplayer version, it wouldn't play either of those videos.  The
1080p movie would show about 2/3rds the screen, play very slowly, and no
audio.  I think mplayer has had some big h.264 improvements recently.