[mythtv-users] DFW HDHomerun users, can you get WFAA-DT (ABC)?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Sep 4 18:36:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 12:52:46PM -0500, Victor Perez wrote:
> I have an HDhomerun and I am having lots of problems getting a lock on
> WFAA-DT (ABC affiliate in Dallas). According to antenaweb I am 16 miles from
> the transmitter cluster and I get all UHF channels with nearly 100% but this
> one is the only in DFW using a VHF frequency (9) and it hovers around 75%. I
> can barely get a lock, looks like crap and crashes the backend.

I'm in the Garland/Richardson area about 28 miles from the towers.  I
don't have any problems with WFAA on my KWorld 115 PCI cards.  Are you
sure your antenna is rated for VHF?

> If you can get that channel can you please send me make and model of your
> antenna?

I'm currently using a Channel Master 3018 I used to have a 3020, but
lost it this Spring in a wind storm.

David
--
David Engel