[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:13:05 UTC 2007

On Sep 4, 2007, at 11:53 AM, Robert Current wrote:

> <cut out the personal attacks>

I'm not the one attacking.  People asked a question, I replied.  I've
been attacked, and nothing I said is untrue.

> > Just look at all the FUD on the Schedules Direct Website!  They have a
> > FAQ "What about alternatives to licensing data?"  In that, they
> > discuss VBI, EIT, and Screen-scrape, saying all options are impossible
> > or illegal, and Schedules Direct is the ONLY option.  That's simply
> > not true.
>
> Please let us all know if you have a free, easy, reliable way to get
> accurate listing info into MythTV and I'm sure we will all use it.
> Then SchedulesDirect can dissolve and the people who make up that
> team will not have to worry about putting so much of their personal
> time and effort into a project that is making zero profit.

Hello?  I did, several times, point to free data sources.

I don't need it, I don't use Direct Data any more.  I didn't have the
time to mess with it, and still don't.  Someone asked if there was
another source, I mentioned it.

I answered the question "can data be obtained freely" and I said yes,
and gave very clear examples.

That reply sounded like confirmation that you refused to even
acknowledge it was there, did you even look at the existing data?  If
you want the data, it's there, I pointed to it.  If you don't, don't
get mad and me for not writing the program you need to use it.  I
don't need it, I don't have time, and I really don't care, why should
I write it for you?

Don't get upset because someone answered part of the question.  Data
is available, good quality data, in XML format.  The rest is up to
someone with more free time that needs a solution more than I do.