[mythtv-users] Channel Icons and live TV browser display questions

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 20:06:02 UTC 2007

When I'm watching live TV and browse to see what else is on, I get a transparent information bar at the bottom of the screen with a blurb about the current show on the next channel browsed.  To the left is the call sign, such as WTTW.  I have been trying to find a way to get the channel number displayed without success.  Is there a way to do this?

I also looked into what the story was with channel icons once I had dealt with updating and transitioning to the Schedules Direct program information feed.  I was on a MythTV frontend when I ran the perl script (mkiconinfo.pl?) and loaded the results with a mythfilldatabase command per the wiki and now the left-hand end of the browse bar shows the call sign and the icon (a little low-res, but discernable).  Oddly, the icons don't show up when I go to the FE/BE system and try to browse live TV.  I tried repeating the perl script and mythfilldatabase commands on the FE/BE, but nothing improved on the FE/BE, while the icons are still shown in the FE-Only system.  What gives?  Do I need to undo the icons and re-do the process on the FE/BE for both systems to show icons?

While I'm on the subject, the browse bar on my screens is nowhere near as nice as the one I see in the User_Manual:Watch_TV screen shots.  Which OSD is that?  FWIW, I believe I'm using Retro, at the moment.

Craig.