[mythtv-users] Clash between Analog and Digital lineups?

Nedim Cholich mythtv at cholich.com
Wed Sep 5 00:50:49 UTC 2007

On 9/4/07, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Any ideas on this?  I can't get any channels at all here, and I'd hate to
> think that I put together a $700 MP3 Player and News Reader (and Weather
> viewer too, but since that's still broke, I suppose I can't count that ;-)
> )
>
> I keep reading about all of these great success stories ("My recordings
> worked great first time out"; "my channels were scanned without incident",
> etc.), but sadly, I'm not one of them.  I'm just very frustrated since I
> know it can be done, but for the life of me, I can't get this damn thing
> working at all.  I'm not in any big rush, as I still have my Comcast DVR,
> but I'd eventually like to dump that if I find that my DVR needs are taken
> care of by Myth.
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

> From: lifter89 at comcast.net (Harry Devine)
> I have something that's puzzling me, and I'm sure it just my not
> understanding Myth all that much, as I've been at it for a little over a
> month now (total).  I live in Southern New Jersey and have Comcast.  I
> switched over to the SD update last week, and setup 2 lineups with SD:  one
> for Standard cable and one for Digital cable.
>
> When I look in my Program Guide, both on my Myth box and on my MythWeb
> interface, most of the listings show "No Data", while others have data, but
> many of the channels are wrong.  Here's an example:  our local NBC affiliate
> is on Channel 4 (i.e. I have to tune to channel 4 on my STB) and they call
> themselves TV40.  So, I have listings for them at BOTH channel 4 AND channel
> 40 (but Channel 40 is the Golf Channel, which is nowhere to be found via
> SD).  The same goes for our Fox affiliate (physically @ channel 5; call
> letters are "FOX29", so I see them at 5 AND 29).  Also, most of Comcast's HD
> block are in the 200 channel range (ABC is 231; NBC is 232, etc.), but most
> of the HD channels are all over the place, such as 101, etc.
>
> It appears like maybe I have some stuff left over from the DD schedules in
> the transition to SD.  Would I have to clear out the database somehow and
> re-scan/re-fetch the channel listings?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

I live in Jersey City and also have Comcast. I use straight cable (no box)
to tune both analogue through pvr500 and now digital through HDHomeRun. I
just recently added HDHomeRun and following instructions for Ubuntu didn't
really have any problems with it. I switched to SD from zap2it couple of
days ago. No problems there either.

It's maybe obvious but one thing I would do is go to Mythweb channel lineup
and see how things look there.