[mythtv-users] MythTv volume is too low

Bearcat M. Sandor HomeTheater at feline-soul.com
Wed Sep 5 05:31:03 UTC 2007

Folks,

I just got a SoundBlaster Extigy.  It is connected directly to my amplifier. I
have Mythtv working, except for the volume.  If i have my volume sliders all
the way up, the sound is a good volume. The problem is that if i play media
at these levels, i will be blasted out of my chair.

If i toggle the Line-in (raw feed), it's a good volume.

I need to get the internal volume of Mythtv louder. I have tried turning off
the internal mixer and leaving it on with everything at 100% (which only
changes my alsamixer levels, so i'm not sure what the point is. It's not
truely a separate mixer such as you'd see with the volume control on amarok
or totem)

Any ideas?  I'm quite concerned about killing my ears accidentally. As a side
note, is there a way to put a limiter on alsa volumes?

Bearcat M. Sandor