[mythtv-users] Nvidia 6200 S-Video gives a Black and White picture.

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 07:57:54 UTC 2007

On 05/09/07, Michael Jones <mythlist at michaelandholly.com> wrote:
> Well.. This time I guess the computer wins the battle... for now.
> The war still wages on.

Black and white is an occupational hazard with S-Video( and
Composite).  From my experience it *might* be:

1.Your computer putting out Composite when your reciever (TV) expects
S-Video (xorg error)

2. Your computer putting out S-Video when your TV expects composite
(TV configuration error)

3.  Incorrect cable.  With configurable SCART connectors, combiners
and splitters it possible to lose the colour signal along the way.

4.  Damaged S-Video connector.  Those little pins are easy to bend.

5.  Computer putting out NTSC when the TV expects PAL (hardware or xorg error)

You probably know which of those you can rule out, but there may be others.