[mythtv-users] Wrong Aspect Ratio

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Wed Sep 5 13:39:14 UTC 2007

Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> Michael T. Dean" wrote:
>  >>>On 09/05/2007 12:46 AM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>  >>> >>> Did I miss a configuration setting?
>  > >
>  >> >> When it all comes down to it, you've got X misconfigured.  You need
>  >> >> to tell X that your display is 16:9.
>  > >
>  > > To me it looks like X has it exactly right, xdpyinfo shows
>  > >
>  > > dimensions:    1920x1200 pixels (519x324 millimeters) resolution:
>  > > 94x94 dots per inch
>  > >
>  > > and thats the right resolution and the correct dimensions of the
>  > > monitor (presumably from EDID info). So the monitor is actually
>  > > 16x10.
>  > >
>  > > Still thats not far from 16x9, and a long way from 4x3. So I'm still
>  > >  unclear of why mythfronted won't show a std def recording with side
>  > > bars.
>
>  >Running dual head/twinview/whatever your drivers call it?  If so, you
>  >have to tell Myth the aspect of the monitor you want to use.
>
> I'm running an Intel 915 chipset on a laptop with the latest Intel driver.
>
> The only configuration parameter I saw in Myth for aspect ratio is the
> one that selects the default of the various settings "W" can toggle
> through. If none of them is correct, changing the default won't help.
>
> Again, did I miss a configuration setting?

This has confused the hell out of me for a while as well. My frontend
has just one monitor on an nvidia card and under the Appearance settings
I have a section that says "Xinerama screen" and "Aspect Ratio". But on
my backend/frontend I actually have two monitors hooked up to an nvidia
card using twinview and neither of these options are under that screen.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z240/mlaplante0624/frontend-appearnce-settings.png
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z240/mlaplante0624/backend-appearnce-settings.png

I can't figure out why the backend doesn't have those options.
Mike