[mythtv-users] Wrong Aspect Ratio

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:40:30 UTC 2007

On 9/5/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 09/05/2007 12:15 PM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:

> Which, for the record, is only required when using xinerama (and,
> really, shouldn't be specified otherwise as doing so hides one symptom
> of an invalid display configuration and causes other issues).
>
> This isn't to say that you shouldn't use it--often on a laptop, both the
> LCD and the VGA outputs are configured in a xinerama screen, so it's
> probably exactly what you needed.

How do you turn off ximerama?  I had the same issue when doing an
upgrade of my system from fc5->fc7 a few weeks ago (prior to upgrading
to .20.2).  Myth stretched out 4:3 content to fill the screen and made
16:9 content very small in a tiny screen.  I set the aspect ration of
my monitor to 16:9 as described here after checking the settings, and
everything seemed to work.  However, the OSD and other overlays shrink
to only fit the 4:3 screen real estate when watching 4:3 content, but
display perfectly when watching 16:9 content.  I would like to get it
back so that my overlays (OSD, Guide, menu, etc) are back to filling
the full screen.

Another thing that happened is my OSD went to greyscale.  I use xvmc,
but have a 5200 card and have applied that color OSD hack.  I wonder
if these two are related?