[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 6 01:08:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 01:19:04PM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2007, at 12:29 PM, Robert Current wrote:
> > That's exactly why no one will talk about stuff here.  This FUD.
> > Using another data source will not prevent MythTV from being able to
> > schedule certain types of recordings.
>
> Well, good.  I'd gotten the distinct impression that these TitanTV
> web schedules were of the "record on X channel at X time" variety,
> not ones that Myth could move around at will.

Let's us be clear here:

If you were using Titan to manually schedule programs, and you could
not download 2 weeks of programming data in a block, then in fact the
"certain types of recordings" you "couldn't schedule" would be the type
that people love Myth for now: ones you don't know are coming.

So whomever Robert is paraphrasing here is *correct*, and he is
incorrect in characterising it as "FUD".

Cheers,
-- jra