[mythtv-users] Import and Export of Program Listing Data

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 02:21:39 UTC 2007

> Rather than re-inventing a standard schema for importing and
> exporting this data, I suggest using XMLTV's well-established schema.
> That means getting all the data into XMLTV format. That means the
> XMLTV people would be the most reliable source of information on
> doing this.

I could be wrong, but I think the standard is set by XMLTV already.  I
think the Import for MythTV is already done by mythfilldatabase   I
don't know what they could do to contribute.

The parts that aren't done are the EXPORT from a filled database to an
.xml file, which could be used by others.  Again, people overseas
might want to share, I might want to do it to an un-networked system
with a cable capture card down the hall from me… there are legitimate
uses.  But that's part of MythTV code, not XMLTV.

> Sorry, where did someone say "shut up and go away"? I'm not a

Guess I mixed you up with Jay?  Hard to tell anymore… I guess I
stopped filtering the sources of the noise, and not limited my
reactions as much as I should have.  Truely sorry, Back to topic...

Honestly, I think the solution (creation of alternatives) for MythTV
has to be done inside MythTV existing structure.  1) export .xmltv
data scripts.  2) solution for .xmltv data file distribution.  3) a
GUI interface to do both of those from within MythTV.  But, that's my
opinion… one I'm researching and willing to work on.