[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

crs23 pvr at groundhog.pair.com
Thu Sep 6 02:29:22 UTC 2007

Multiplying out the values in the rows columns yields 60480 for your 3
seconds and 2142720 for my 30+ seconds.  It looks like the slowdown is
linear in the number of rows (no surprise).

Your explain looks almost the same as mine except the number of rows and the
record and recordmatch rows were swapped.  I guess that means my DB is fine.
It's starting to look like reducing the number of rows in recordmatch is my
best (only?) hope.

This query is clearly a serious flaw in MythTV as it obviously doesn't scale
well.