[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 03:51:54 UTC 2007

On 09/05/2007 10:52 PM, crs23 wrote:
> Following up to myself, can anyone explain to me what the recordmatch table
> is for?  How do I remove rows from it?  I tried removing items from
> 'Previous Recordings' in the frontend and that didn't do anything to the
> recordmatch table.

You'll need to remove either recording rules or program listings (i.e.
fewer channels, fewer days of data, ...) to reduce the number of rows in
recordmatch.

Though ugly, the BUSQ (Big, Ugly Scheduler Query) seems to work (and
scale) for everyone else using Myth, so unless you have a particularly
large-scale setup (i.e. thousands of channels and hundreds/thousands of
recording rules each generating multiple matches), it should work for
you, too.  Can you provide specifics of your configuration (# of
channels and #--and approximate type--of recording rules) so we can
determine if the problem is actually a Myth issue before trying to fix
the BUSQ (which, generally, no one ever wants to touch).

Mike